Politico: US Senator Michael Crapo (R-Idaho) was arrested for driving under the influence early Sunday morning in Alexandria, Virginia.
Police said Crapo was seen running a red light and was pulled over, after which he failed field sobriety tests. He was taken into custody without incident.
Presidential nominee Mitt “the shit” Romney has selected golden boy of the GOP Paul Ryan as his Vice Presidential running mate. Completely ignoring his record on the economy, social issues, government reform, etc. I’m going to tell you why you might not want to vote for this duo on the ticket come November if you care just a little bit about the environment.
- Paul Ryan voted to deregulate the EPA from monitoring and regulating greenhouse gasses, which are the main contributor to climate change
- Paul Ryan has voted against tax breaks, credits, and incentives for renewable energy projects
- Paul Ryan has voted for keeping subsidies for oil & gas exploration
- Paul Ryan has voted for eliminating the “critical habitat” protection ruling in the Endangered Species Act
- Paul Ryan has voted against government grants encouraging families to get outdoors and increasing conservation education across America
For a man who supposedly fishes and hunts regularly, he sure the hell isn’t a proper sportsman who cares about protecting wildlife habitat from the threats of climate change and human encroachment.
— Idaho State Senator Chuck Winder’s final (disgusting) comments on his bill mandating women to receive ultrasounds before abortion procedures happen. It has passed the Senate and is waiting to be heard in the House Committee.